Amy focuses on real estate development, financing, acquisition and sales, commercial leasing and construction. Her practice has an emphasis on representing lenders and owners in financing commercial portfolios, multifamily housing, senior housing and health care facilities, §1031 Exchanges and sale/leasebacks.
She has worked with numerous lenders and owners to handle their agency-financing needs with loan products from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD.
- Represented buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants in purchase and sale, leasing and financing transactions in most segments of the real estate industry, including single-family developments, raw land, industrial sites, multifamily (market rate and affordable living), commercial retail buildings and office buildings.
- Represented owners and lenders in financing large portfolio loans.
- Represented and counseled borrowers and lenders through the complexities of HUD-insured loan programs, including Section 232 (assisted supportive living and nursing homes); Section 221(d)(3) and (4) (new construction and substantial rehabilitation); Sections 223(a)(7) and 223(f) (refinance); and Section 213 (cooperative housing).
- Successfully closed HUD-insured loans in 12 states.
- Maintained active partnerships with HUD offices throughout the country, including ones in Minneapolis, Chicago, Des Moines, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and Jacksonville.
Areas of Practice
Minnesota State Bar
U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
Carleton College – B.A., 1990
Hamline University School of Law – J.D., cum laude, 1994
Hennepin County Bar Association
Minnesota Network of Commercial Real Estate Women (MNCREW)