Monroe Moxness Berg (MMB) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of our workers and clients. We have developed this Business Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All employees are responsible for implementing and following this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19 in our workplace, which requires full cooperation among our employees and guests.
Consistent with current guidelines and recommendations, working remotely is the most effective way to maintain physical distancing. Any worker who is able to effectively work from home should continue working from home to the extent possible.
MMB’s Business Preparedness Plan is posted at all entry and exit points and is shared with all employees. The plan is available to clients upon request and is located on our website. The Business Preparedness Plan is subject to future changes and modifications. Please watch for updates to this plan.
Coordinating body to manage MMB’s response to COVID-19, including operations, logistics, communications
and technical issues:
Rick Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
John Berg (email@example.com)
Scott Husaby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vanessa Kahn (email@example.com)
Social Distancing and Minimizing Contact Between Workers
- MMB has created a schedule to re-open the office at a maximum of 50% capacity (20 employees per day). If you need to enter the office or you are electing to work in the office- please enter on your designated days only.
- MMB employees will be required to perform a daily self-assessment symptom checklist before coming to work every day. A copy of the checklist is located at the end of this document. If you do not meet the requirements on the check-list, please stay home.
- At this time, the kitchen, seating area, and galley will be closed. Employees may use the sink to wash hands. Employees should eat lunch at their desks if eating in the office. The firm is working to open the kitchen area to employees as soon as possible.
- Food and beverages may not be shared communally.
- Minimize gatherings and physical distancing of 6 feet is required.
- Do not enter another workers’ work station or office.
- Do not use another workers’ phone, keyboard or tools.
- Face coverings are required in the common areas within the office. If you need a mask, please contact the firm administrator.
- Please adhere to the social distancing markings and procedures that have been put in place around the office such as blue “stand here” circles, and floor tape, etc.
Worker Hygiene and Source Controls
- MMB employees are required to perform a daily self-assessment symptom checklist before coming into the office or engaging in MMB related activities outside the office.
- “Handwashing” and “cover your cough” signs have been posted throughout the office.
- Face coverings will be required in the common areas within the office. If you need a mask, please contact the firm administrator.
- MMB employees will be required to use the front door entrance. The side-door entrance is now for emergency use only.
- Please continue to practice all preventive measures recommended by the CDC to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including but not limited to:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding contact between unwashed hands and your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
If Employee Reports Feeling Unwell
- Immediately report any symptoms of COVID-19 during your work shift to the firm administrator.
- If you feel sick – please go home immediately and notify the firm administrator.
- The work area, tools and any common areas accessed by a symptomatic employee will be immediately cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected in a manner consistent with CDC guidelines.
- Employees who have come into close contact (within 6 feet) with the symptomatic employee will be advised to take precautions such as wearing a mask (if not already wearing one), self-monitor for symptoms of COIVD-19, practice physical distancing, and avoid sharing tools or equipment for 14 days.
- The firm has a touchless thermometer available for use upon request.
- Common high-touch points and surfaces are sanitized every 2 hours between the hours of 8am-5pm. A checklist identifying surfaces and equipment to be sanitized is used each day.
- Employees responsible for sanitizing the office wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting.
- MMB has provided ample stations around the office offering anti-viral hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes near common work areas.
Emergency Communication Plan
- The firm administrator will send a text message to all employees if an urgent message needs to be communicated.
- In the event that a COVID-19 incident is reported, the identity of the person will not be released. The firm administrator will communicate that an incident was reported and that others should take extra precautions.
Drop-Off, Pick-Up and Delivery Practices
- MMB prefers to receive deliveries via a contactless method whenever possible.
- Packages should be delivered to the front door and not to the reception desk.
- Workers must maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or greater from others during interactions while receiving or exchanging deliveries.
- Workers must minimize the unnecessary exchanging or sharing of scanners, pens, or other tools with delivery personnel.
COVID-19 Audit Checklist
- MMB will routinely inspect the office and monitor the behavior of employees to ensure they are following the protocols outlined in the MMB Business Preparedness Plan.
Signed and certified by Scott Husaby, President and CEO of Monroe Moxness Berg P.A.