Anne combines litigation strategy with in-depth knowledge of her clients’ needs to achieve great results. She has experience in complex trademark and copyright disputes, commercial contract and business litigation, and employment matters.
Anne has defended and brought lawsuits on a variety of bases to help her clients solve problems and move their businesses forward. Those lawsuits involved claims for breach of contract, unfair competition, violation of non-competition agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, trademark and copyright infringement, deceptive trade practices, fraud, cybersquatting, breach of fiduciary duties, privacy and right of publicity claims, international and domestic counterfeiting, false advertising, and more.
- Anne was formerly counsel to the Estate of Prince Rogers Nelson. In connection with that representation, she was part of a small team that successfully enjoined the release of a music album in the District of Minnesota, and secured a $4 million arbitration award for breach of contract. She also achieved dismissal of multiple frivolous copyright lawsuits, including in the Southern District of New York.
- Defended clothing retailer in copyright infringement dispute in the Central District of California
- Obtained sanctions award and attorneys’ fees for spoliation of evidence
- Successfully argued for dismissal of cable piracy action on behalf of local restaurant
- Represented timber products company in defending action for violation of non-competition agreement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and trademark infringement
- Assisted restaurant and bar chain with opposing trademark applications in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board
- Advised exercise studios, schools, and private companies on music use and licensing issues
- Successfully obtained removal of over 120 counterfeit products from online retail listings
Pro bono attorney with the Children’s Law Center and Pro Se Project