Anne combines litigation strategy with in-depth knowledge of her clients’ needs to achieve great results. She has experience working with restaurateurs, start-ups, closely-held businesses, trust companies, global corporations, and private individuals to help solve her clients’ complex problems and business needs. Above all else, Anne enjoys advocating for her clients.
Anne has a broad practice, defending and bringing lawsuits in the areas of general business, employment, trust and estate, intellectual property litigation, and construction and real estate. She has particular experience litigating claims for breach of contract, unfair competition, violation of non-competition agreements, trademark and copyright infringement, fraud, cybersquatting, breach of fiduciary duties, privacy and right of publicity claims, and false advertising.
- Anne was formerly counsel to the Estate of Prince Rogers Nelson. In connection with that representation, she was part of a small team that successfully enjoined the release of a music album in the District of Minnesota, and secured a $4 million arbitration award for breach of contract. She also achieved dismissal of multiple frivolous copyright lawsuits, including in the Southern District of New York.
- Defended clothing retailer in copyright infringement dispute in the Central District of California
- Obtained sanctions award and attorneys’ fees for spoliation of evidence
- Successfully argued for dismissal of cable piracy action on behalf of local restaurant
- Represented timber products company in defending action for violation of non-competition agreement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and trademark infringement
- Assisted restaurant and bar chain with opposing trademark applications in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board
- Advised exercise studios, schools, and private companies on music use and licensing issues
- Successfully obtained removal of over 120 counterfeit products from online retail listings
In her spare time, Anne enjoys hiking with her family on Minnesota’s north shore and frequenting local restaurants. She volunteers as a pro bono attorney with the Children’s Law Center and Pro Se Project.