Mary Cate is a trial lawyer specializing in commercial litigation, real estate, and shareholder disputes. She has deep experience in complex, time-intensive litigation involving a wide array of matters and issues, where she focuses on practical solutions that are in the best interests of her clients. Although she has deep experience in a wide array of matters and issues, Mary Cate’s first priority is to counsel clients in litigation avoidance, seeking to prevent problems proactively, rather than respond to them reactively. When she does need to delve into the latter, though, Mary Cate focuses on practical solutions that are in the best interests of her clients.
Mary Cate works with real estate developers, business owners, landowners, and corporations on a variety of issues, including breach of contract, securities fraud, shareholder disputes, partnership issues, eviction and unlawful detainer proceedings, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and more.
- Represented ten Minnesota cities and counties in National Prescription Opiates Multidistrict Litigation
- Represented investor in FINRA securities fraud case securing compensatory and punitive damages along with sanctions and attorney’s fees against brokerage firm
- Represented client in litigation in an equipment contract dispute with over seven figures in damages
- Represented minority shareholder in a family business valuation trial
- Represented multiple individuals and corporations in contract disputes