Franchise, Distribution and Intellectual Property
The attorneys in our Franchise, Distribution, and Intellectual Property group are nationally recognized for their experience in counseling brand owners through the many legal issues associated with franchising and other expansion strategies. Our franchise team works with national and international clients to develop practical franchise and distribution systems, manage and resolve disputes within existing systems, and create franchise finance programs designed to help systems add units.
Our team understands how to use franchising in a variety of industries, both business-to-consumer and business-to-business. From traditional brick and mortar retail locations to food trucks, kiosks, Internet businesses, territory-based service models, and businesses operating in special purpose venues, our attorneys can help you navigate a complicated world.
Our services include:
- Planning and structuring franchise and distribution systems
- Analysis of federal, state and international legal compliance issues
- Implementing brand strategy
- Analysis and protection of trademarks, service marks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- Negotiating development and acquisition agreements
- Analysis of antitrust and unfair business practices laws
- Drafting licensing, co-branding and affiliation agreements
- Negotiation and resolution of disputes
Related Recent Articles
“Things to Remember, From Our Long-Time Finance Columnist”