Our tax practice is one of the foundations of the firm. We develop and initiate cutting-edge tax strategies to minimize our clients’ overall tax burden, and we have a proven record of proactively solving the most challenging tax problems.
Our tax attorneys represent a unique combination of knowledge and experience that has elevated the firm’s reputation in the area of complex tax planning. They have multiple disciplinary backgrounds, placing a wealth and variety of experience at our clients’ disposal. These backgrounds include public accounting, in-house tax counsel to some of the world’s largest privately held and publicly held companies, and private tax practice.
Our attorneys stress the importance of considering tax implications at the outset of transactions, so that strategies can be effectively designed to minimize the tax consequences. This approach has resulted in significant tax savings for many of our clients.
Our services include:
- Choice of Entity issues
- Dispute resolution
- Employee compensation
- Income tax planning
- Sales and exchanges of real estate
- State tax nexus and filing issues
- Stock redemptions and recapitalizations
- Structure and purchase-price allocation issues
- Tax return review & preparation
- Taxable and tax-free dispositions and acquisitions of businesses
- Transactional tax planning