A shareholder with the firm, John advises private companies and family-owned small businesses and owners on a wide range of transactional, corporate finance and business law matters such as mergers and acquisitions, senior and subordinated debt, entity formation, joint ventures, real estate transactions and leases, employment law matters and commercial supply and manufacturing agreements.
John also leads the firm’s securities law practice and focuses on representing start-up and emerging companies, fund managers, sponsors, developers, investment funds, private equity groups, investment advisers, and institutional and private investors in all aspects of equity and debt fundraisings, private placement offerings, crowdfunding, venture capital, securities law and Investment Adviser Act compliance, fund structure and ongoing operational matters.
John represents clients across a variety of industries and sectors, including manufacturing, technology, residential and commercial real estate, food and hospitality, retail and services, and most recently craft brewing.
- BDO Restaurant CFO Bootcamp, “Structuring Your Company for Growth,” panelist, Las Vegas, September 2016
- BDO Restaurant CFO Bootcamp, “Legal Q&A with Dennis Monroe and John Remakel,” panelist, Chicago, October 2015
- Franchise Business Network, “Funding Sources for Franchisees,” panelist, Golden Valley, MN, April 2015
- Minnesota Real Estate Journal Retail & Restaurant Summit, “Tapping into the Thriving Craft Brewery Industry – Business and Legal Perspectives,” panel moderator, May 2014
- Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild Quarterly Meeting, “The Business of Beer,” panelist, April 2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association CLE, “Fundamentals of Drafting Contracts,” faculty member, April 2013
Areas of Practice
Minnesota State Bar
University of Minnesota, B.A., 2004 with high honors
University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., 2007, summa cum laude
Minnesota State Bar Association
Hennepin County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild