Joshua is a shareholder in the firm’s Business Law and M&A practice groups and the leader of the firm’s trademark practice. He works with clients to articulate and implement frameworks for addressing novel business issues, managing intellectual property portfolios, and coordinating complex business transactions. He also provides strategic guidance on licensing and business structures, trademark usage and clearance, and franchise agreement and FDD negotiations and review.
Joshua enjoys working alongside his clients to dissect and address their evolving challenges and competing priorities. As an avid reader and lifelong learner, Joshua naturally takes a wide-ranging perspective when assessing new challenges and is always searching for creative ways to help meet his clients’ needs.
- Represented an automotive accessories manufacturer in the negotiation of a software acquisition and grant-back license agreement;
- Managed trademark portfolios of craft breweries and start-up concepts;
- Represented a private equity buyer in the acquisition of a portfolio of franchised businesses and the negotiation of a franchise agreement amendment, guarantees, restrictive covenant agreements, and franchisor consent documentation;
- Represented a restaurant operator in the acquisition of a family-run business and in connection with acquisition financing and entity formation;
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in connection with the acquisition of stock of a manufacturing company supported by a representations and warranties insurance policy.
- Minnesota Real Estate Journal Retail & Restaurant Summit, “Hot Topics in Franchising” panelist, April 2017