A shareholder with the firm, John advises private companies and family-owned businesses and owners, serving as outside general counsel on a wide range of transactional, corporate finance and business law matters such as mergers and acquisitions, senior and mezzanine debt, entity formation and corporate structures, joint ventures, commercial agreements and franchise-related matters.
John also leads the firm’s securities law practice and focuses on representing emerging companies and concepts, private equity groups and private investors in all aspects of equity and convertible debt fundraisings, private placement offerings, crowdfunding, venture capital and securities law compliance.
John represents clients across a variety of industries and sectors, including manufacturing, restaurants, food and beverage, automotive aftermarket, multi-unit retail, higher education, technology and real estate.
- “Raising Capital: It Can’t Be That Hard…Right?” panelist, Twin Cities Startup Week, October 2018
- BDO Restaurant CFO Bootcamp, “Structuring Your Company for Growth,” panelist, Las Vegas, September 2016
- BDO Restaurant CFO Bootcamp, “Legal Q&A with Dennis Monroe and John Remakel,” panelist, Chicago, October 2015
- Franchise Business Network, “Funding Sources for Franchisees,” panelist, Golden Valley, MN, April 2015
- Minnesota Real Estate Journal Retail & Restaurant Summit, “Tapping into the Thriving Craft Brewery Industry – Business and Legal Perspectives,” panel moderator, May 2014
- Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild Quarterly Meeting, “The Business of Beer,” panelist, April 2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association CLE, “Fundamentals of Drafting Contracts,” faculty member, April 2013