A shareholder at Monroe Moxness Berg, Tim brings sophisticated institutional-level experience to counseling clients in mergers and acquisitions, and financing transactions that include traditional secured lending, syndicated or participated loans, and structured finance in the mortgage industry. He has extensive experience in Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) trading and finance, and mortgage repurchase agreements. He has worked regularly on complex transactions ranging from $100 million to $1 billion.
Tim has been involved in a wide range of private equity transactions and in ESOP-related advising, planning and leveraging. He counsels ESOP companies concerning corporate governance and best practices.
As a seasoned financial analyst, Tim approaches a transaction from a business perspective first, looking to identify the components that require adjustment and only then devising an appropriate legal overlay.
Because of this type of approach and sophisticated financial experience, Tim is often also involved in complex business contracts, including vendor relationships.
Prior to joining the firm, Tim was a vice president and assistant secretary for Ditech Financial LLC, where he provided legal counsel for treasury, mergers and acquisitions, and MSR derivative trading, including structural finance transactions.
- Franchise Times Dealmakers Week webinar, “Creative Capital, Terms and Tactics In Today’s Franchise Business,” panelist, April 2021
- Restaurant Finance Week webinar, “Sustaining Restaurants Through New Collaborative Relationships,” panelist, November 2020
- Real Estate Journals 6th Annual National Net Lease Summit, “Lease Renegotiation/Legal Panel,” panelist, November 2020
- Minnesota Real Estate Journal 13th Annual Real Estate Capital Markets Summit, “Unexpected Events and the Impact on Underwriting and Interest Rates,” moderator, August 2020
- Unbridled Capital webinar, “Traps and Provisions of PPP Loan Forgiveness Program,” panelist, May 2020
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Member of the Board of Directors, The Walman Optical Company (20 years) – currently serves as Lead Outside Director
- Former corporate secretary and founder – Castle Peak Capital Advisors, LLC
- Former president of the Northeast Exchange Club
- Taught Economics for Junior Achievement